- Website URLhttp://www.apprhs.org
- Phone Number828-737-7000
- Fax Number828-737-7491
How We Improve Care Transitions
Building relationships with community agencies for more seamless transition of services.
Our CAH, Cannon Memorial received a care transitions grant. We are coordinating with HH, SNFs, and other community providers to enhance communications when Care transitions happen. Working to reduce readmissions Transitions Care nurse navigators initiate risk assessment with patients and assist with interdisciplinary people to meet the needs of the patient when returns home. Care Transitions program with 2 nurse navigators. Assessing all admitted patients to Med-Surg and critical care units for risk of readmission. Implement interventions, such as follow-up phone calls and home visits.
All community agencies, providers, discharge planners at hospital and physician practices i.e….Home Health, DME providers, Senior Services, Palliative Care, YMCAs, Access Care, Nursing Homes, Assisted Living Homes, Friends and Families of patients, pharmacies, Senior Centers, transportation company, Hospitality House, etc.
How We Measure Our Efforts
- Readmissions Participation in Care Transitions Program
- Readmissions Rates right now
- Reduce readmissions
- Data tracking of implemented interventions and outcomes
- Address434 Hospital Drive, Newland NC 28657
- Mailing AdressPO Box 767, Linville NC 28646
- Primary Contact NameCarmen Lacey
- Primary Contact Emailclacey@apprhs.org
- Primary Contact Phone828-737-7832